Thursday, September 9, 2010

Through the day

I have lots of days where lots of things tend to go wrong (just like everyone else!!), but I rarely call the entire day a "rotten day" (although I know I did do this a couple weeks ago....), because I do truly believe that God makes each day and therefore NO day is ever really a "rotten" day. They are all GOOD because He made them:
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
Today though, was definitely one where I needed to just keep turning to God or I would have cried.. It's hard to "rejoice and be glad" in a day where it seems like everything is going wrong... like the world is against you!! I've just been feeling so much pressure at work and there are so many things I need to get done before I leave for San Diego on Monday (for business, not pleasure!)... It's just so hard to sit there working on something, knowing that there are so many other things I need to do also and half of them I can't even remember what they are because there's so much that it's just spilling out of my brain and I can't retain it all!!! phewwww.... breathe in the light, breathe out the darkness....

I'm so glad that I joined the Gratitude Community and I am doing the Multitude Monday challenge... it helps me to stay focused on the blessings. Like, for example, that I even have a job at all in this economy!! And that my boss really does care for me as a person first and an employee second... Oh, and even in the midst of my computer freezing on me multiple times today, the Spirit reminded me to stop and thank God that I have access to a computer and the internet at all!

So, thank you Lord for getting me through the day... I'm here, I'm alive, I'm saved... and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment