Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done

This song broke me down in my car on the way home tonight. Thank you Jesus for using music to reach my heart. It's so beautiful and it's amazing that You know what methods to use and you use what you know will reach a particular person. Some people may not be moved by music, maybe they are moved by the sight of the sunset over an ocean or by reading a poem or by a simple act of kindness; whatever it is, You know what reaches our hearts and You use them just at the right time. Your timing is perfect.

I am continually in awe of the fact that You, who can see the past, present and future all at the same time (a billion years is like the blink of an eye for You) - that you still SEE our hearts and KNOW us and CARE, even though we are here today and gone tomorrow. We came from dust and we return to dust in the blink of an eye, and YET, You LOVE us and You know our name - You call us by our name!!! And we can call You by name and You HEAR us and have compassion for us ♥

Note from person who created video:
"The bible verse at the end is incorrect! Wow...I feel bad. It's actually Psalm 143:5"
Lyrics for
"Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment