Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thank you for being By My Side..

Heard on the radio this morning that Tenth Avenue North won the Dove Award for Song of the Year for the song "By Your Side". Congrats to them! That song is so amazing and it has definitely touched my heart and actually broken me down to tears on several occasions. After a bad day or if I'm feeling stressed and I hear that song... I just feel so grateful for Jesus and the Holy Spirit and I can't understand WHY He loves us because we are so undeserved, but that's what makes it so precious. He will always be by our sides, even in our lowest depths, because He understands because He has been through the worst of it - tortured and killed.. but He has overcome it too - raised back to life by His own power & authority to be victorious over death and sin... to break the chains of slavery that sin has us tied to. He did it so we can be restored to God and I'm so utterly grateful that my King died for me just so I can have a relationship with Him again!

Well, here are some of my favorite lyrics from the song "By Your Side"... You know what, I'm just going to post all of the lyrics to the song because they're so beautiful :) Below the lyrics is the music video for the song.

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

(Chorus 2x)

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

(Chorus 2x)


No comments:

Post a Comment